Sunday, May 20, 2012

Summery Goodness

Alright, I know it's been a while but what's with the new blogger layout deal-yo?  Don't they know that some of us only post maybe once a year and changing things up could be detrimental to our already lack luster blogging abilities?  Get with it blogger, get with it.

School has eaten up every spare minute of my time for the past nine months.  It would still be eating up my time but a lack of funds has made it impossible.  So, I will be easy, breezy until my new semester starts in August.  Not a bad deal.  There's lots to catch up on, but it's been so long and none of it really seems blog worthy so we'll just start right where we're at.  We took the most amazing camping trip to Goblin Valley and I've been begging Jay to go back ever since.  It was great weather, gorgeous hikes, yummy food, and some much needed time with the family. 


The Family.  Don't worry about Jay's seemingly grumpy exterior.  He comes off as a crotchety, old man but it just hides his gooey insides.  Seriously, I just found out today that Jay's been using my deodorant and body wash and keeps some pomegranate spray in his car to make himself smell nice.  No joke.  I told him that I've never read a romance novel but I'm pretty sure when the men lean down to kiss the girls the authors probably don't say that their "well oiled chests smelled like pomegranate breeze," they say "His beard smelled like sun, sweat, and man."  That's because everyone knows that women innately want their men to smell exactly like that, men.  To this Jay's reply, "Girls don't care what men smell like, as long as they know what they're doing in bed."  Can't argue with that.


My favorite picture from the camping trip.  I ran up this hill by our camping spot to take a look at the sunset and Siri couldn't have been more tickled.  She exclaimed "Pretty!" and settled onto my shoulder for some delicious cuddling.  Best deal ever.


A Siri face, one saying that she's way done with the hike but she's still trying to muster up a smile for the camera.  That's my girl.


Deliciousness. 


Our camping spot, get jealous.  Also, how much do you love the short bus?  Jay's friends were there and this is the vehicle in which they travel on a regular basis.  Gotta love quirky bachelor friends that keep life interesting.


Jay and Siri, being into each other like always.  While we were hiking I was carrying the baby pack.  At one point Jay veered off course to take a look at something and Siri immediately started crying and calling for "Da."  So cute.  It does make me feel a little like chopped liver though.


The scenery on our hike the second day.  We didn't realize that when we climbed into the slot canyon we'd be committing to a nine mile hike and couldn't turn back.  It was gorgeous though and had we been better prepared I truly believe we would have enjoyed it.  However, when our planned three mile hike turned into nine none of us were super pleased, most of all Siri.  She sang for the first four miles, cried for the next three, and kept saying "Sorry" over and over for the last two, like we'd gone on the hike to punish her for something.  I think she's a little traumatized from the whole experience.  The silver lining...Jay lost 7 pounds on that hike.  




Can I tell you how strenuous hiking was with that pack on?  But I felt good, I've been doing my darndest to not gain any weight whatsoever.  I'm failing miserably.  I'm only a couple months pregnant but already look as though I could be four months along.  I guess I look two months along, if I'm carrying twins.  Alas, the joys of pregnancy.  Watching yourself gain weight and not being able to do anything about it, actually having to eat more because if I don't eat on the regular I get hungry and getting hungry makes me throw up.  Also, I get super anxious when I'm pregnant about weird things.  That's actually the reason for this 1:00 AM blog update, so anxious about who knows what I can't sleep.  I unplug everything in the house before I go to bed and have been known to sleep on the floor of  Siri's room, just because I'm anxious about some unknown thing.  I don't even always know why I'm anxious.  So, if anyone reads this that deals with the same thing, I'd love some advice on how to alleviate anxiety over nothing.  I work out on the regular so tips on anything else I can try would be most appreciated.

2 comments:

  1. (1) Adorable pics, Siri is just beautiful.

    (2) Yay, you posted!

    (3) Wow, I didn't know you're preggers again! Exciting, congratulations.

    (4) I must say, anxiety (esp. hormone-related) is kind of a family thing. I never experienced it, but I know Aunts Shauna and Sherri both did. Not sure how the fought it...meds? Two points for the helpful! (Or more likely -2 because I didn't say anything useful at all.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, Blogger just would not accept any more words in the comment. Weird. So I'll continue on here, shall I?

    (5) Your hair is cute! So unexpected, but adorbs.

    ReplyDelete