Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy Haunting!


Every year my parents throw an awesome Halloween party. The food is amazing, there's always a pinata, and my favorite part is the treasure hunt prepared by my Dad, the riddle master. To give you an idea of the kinds of clues we're up against, I saved mine from this year:

The clues keep coming this is true
I've many more before you're through.
By now I'm sure you all must know
It's Erin's turn to give it a go.
In church they're often called a pew;
But amazingly we have one too.

This clue led us to an old bench my parent's have upstairs. My dad sure does enjoy making us run up and down the stairs. I think he loves it most when we all take off running in the wrong direction. Nothing pleases him more. This was Jay's first time doing one of my Dad's treasure hunts and he was definitely impressed.


We all carved pumpkins for a contest. This beauty was homegrown in Matt and Alicia's garden.



My award was "Most Creative Use of a Flat Pumpkin."


Jay and I are not usually very festive. We don't usually dress up but seeing as how Siri was a bee, and my Dad and Matt just happen to have bee hives and suits to go with them, these costumes were just too good to pass up. We put them on long enough to take a few family pictures.





The party was a really great time! What would we do without parents that are willing to not only throw a party, but allow our entire, crazy family to come over to their newly renovated house and trample all through it. They really are the best.

1 comment:

  1. Your dad! I just want to squeeze him. I am also so impressed with your mad carving skillz, and it sounds like it was a great party. Siri could not be cuter, btw.

    ReplyDelete