Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Sunburns and Speedos










Did you know that the sun is hotter in Italy than in Utah? I didn't but somebody definitely should have told me. We went to the beach in Minori and I had a shirt over my face and still got burned! I'm not sure how it happened, but I was definitely not happy about it. Even my eyelids are peeling! It is the worst sunburn I have ever had! I couldn't even open my mouth to eat with out my eyes moving because my face was so tight. So, that's how I looked when I met my host family. She didn't say anything about it, but she definitely kept staring.

Everyone in Italy wears bikinis. It doesn't matter if they're old or fat or wrinkly, no one wears a one piece. And all of the boys wear speedos, not an attractive look (Italian men are pretty hairy). These pictures are maybe my favorites! If you ever come to Italy get ready to see bikinis and speedos and lots of PDA

5 comments:

  1. I was so excited to see your post. Sorry about your sunburn, but I want to see. Post a picture. Love you tons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more plea for MORE PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and your sunburns... So Sad!! There's nothing worse than a bad sunburn!!

    Hairy boys in speedos... Sounds exciting!!

    Love Ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the visual of the hairy men in speedos... Did you have to hide behind a tree to take these pictures, or did you just pretend you were taking them of the ocean? Either way good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo i love all of your pictures and i'm really jealous that you get to see so many great ruins. is sounds like your having a blast. i was in no way talking about those hairy men when i was talking about the great ruins...
    love ya

    ReplyDelete