Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ode to Siri

Siri is the happiest baby I've ever met. She's so sweet tempered and it takes so much to get her really worked up. She is so fun and so smart. She looks at us like she understands what's going on and will sit while I read to her for long periods of time. I thought I'd make a list of things she loves and things she does now that she's turned 1.

Loves
  1. Heads!! (Nothing cheers this girl up more than a good head, it's a little weird)
  2. Yogurt
  3. Ice cream
  4. Bath time
  5. Murphy (Our dog)
  6. Zeke (They're best friends and Zeke even knows about her love of heads. As soon as we walk in he'll sit down and lay his head in her lap so she can play with it and hug it. Sooooo cute!)
  7. Music
  8. Straws
  9. Computers
  10. Phones (She's ruined mine with her slobber)
  11. Dad
  12. Violet (Her stuffed dog)
  13. Playing "this little pig"
Milestones
  1. Crawling! (As of a week ago, she's a late bloomer)
  2. Says Dad
  3. Says Mom
  4. Says "woof" when she hears dogs bark
  5. Sings along with others
  6. Pulls herself up on furniture
  7. Walks along furniture
  8. Says "All Done"
  9. Will bonk heads when we say "bonks"
  10. Deems to place her forehead on our lips when we say "kisses"
  11. Pretend drinks out of any cup she can get her hands on
  12. Gives fives
  13. Mimics sounds we make (If I squeal she totally does it back)
  14. Jabbers like she's really talking
  15. Pats our backs when she's giving hugs
  16. Plays with her hair when she's tired or when she's eating
  17. Rubs her eyes when she's tired
  18. Jumps when we say "bounce"
  19. Shakes her head "no"
  20. Dances when music comes on
  21. Claps
  22. Plays peek-a-boo
Things I love that Siri does
  1. Her laugh (It's a little raspy, she throws her head back and laughs super hard. So fun!)
  2. When she gets excited (She laughs and kicks her legs and gets all jittery)
  3. Her tongue (She licks EVERYTHING! It's a fight every time we go to the grocery store to keep her tongue off of the cart)
  4. When she attacks heads
  5. When she gets intense (Her whole head shakes. It's a little scary, just ask Grandpa T.)
  6. Pretty much everything this girl does, I'm enamored.

2 comments:

  1. Aw. You know it's been since Gpa Dave's 80th since I've seen her. That's just way too long, because I'd love her to give me bonks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute! I am excited to see her crawling around!

    Also, Good Job posting her birth story! I am such a girl in the sense that I can talk Labor and delivery anytime, anyplace, so Thanks for entertaining me last night!

    P.S. You should come to the Park tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete